Cypress Homes partners with Focus on Energy New Homes Program. Since the program’s inception, Cypress Homes has built over 130 “Focus on Energy Homes.” As a high performance builder, we strive to provide the highest quality service and product to all our customers. That’s why we participate in the Focus on Energy New Homes Program – a program designed to help homeowners know and understand that they are building a high performance home that is comfortable, safe, durable, and energy efficient. And we can prove it.
Focus on Energy New Homes
The Focus on Energy New Homes program is a simple way for you to understand that the quality of your new home lies in the details — details that you may not see. Like the safety of a power-vented water heater. And the comfort and energy efficiency provided by properly installed insulation. Or the convenience of a quiet exhaust fan and how it contributes to better indoor air quality. These are simple, inexpensive details that can help you get the most comfortable, safe, durable, and energy efficient new home possible. Keep reading to learn more about the program.
We work closely with Focus on Energy New Homes program consultants to create a home environment that is safe, comfortable, durable, and energy efﬁcient. This is accomplished through site visits that verify construction details, and performance tests to be sure that your home works as designed and meets the Focus on Energy New Homes criteria.
Details Make the Difference
As with any major purchase you’re looking for quality in your new home. In a Focus on Energy New Homes program home the quality is in the details — details you may not be aware of:
- A quality home built with greater attention to detail
- Properly installed insulation and draft-free construction
- The ability to control or enhance indoor air quality by managing indoor moisture and airborne pollutants
- Added safety, because furnace, water heater and ﬁreplace combustion by-products are exhausted directly from the home
- Added durability, because warm moist inside air, as well as rain and moisture from the outside, is kept out of walls and attic spaces, preventing structural damage
- Greater energy efﬁciency, including electrical as well as monthly space
- heating and cooling savings
Building Smarter, Safer, and Better
Focus on Energy New Homes program homes are on average 25 percent more efﬁcient than those built to the Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling code.
Each certiﬁed home includes the following features:
• Professional consultation
• Tested building air tightness
• Tested ventilation equipment
• Mandatory safe combustion equipment
• Carbon monoxide detector (s)
• Electrical efﬁciency options
We value this program and believe it is important. We believe it is important for all homeowners to have the most comfortable, safe, durable, and energy-efﬁcient home possible, and we can prove it. Call us and we’ll tell you how.